Through My Lens

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Cabin Fever

Okay, I think I've officially got cabin fever. Transitioning straight from going to work every single day to being at home for 2.5 weeks is tough. It helps that it has been cold out and that Huz only has to go into school 3 days a week for several hours. It also has helped taking so many family walks together, but I'm getting bored, man! I can't leave to go shopping because there isn't anything close enough that would ensure my arrival back home in exactly 2 hours (when Claire needs to eat) and I'm reluctant to go out together as a family for very long because I have no idea how to breastfeed in public. I can't just whip it out, staring down at her making sure she's opening wide enough to latch on correctly when I'm all draped in a blanket, now can I? How do you do it breastfeeding Moms? I need to know because I think I'm going crazy over here!

We signed up for a diaper service that just started in Nashville - yippee! Now I can try cloth diapers, feel good about the environment*, help Claire to potty train sooner (it's true - do the research), save money, AND not have to deal with washing the poop in my own washing machine. Sweet! They are coming this afternoon with our delivery and a tutorial. How much of a mom does it make me that I'm truly excited by this? How much of a mom does it make me that when the breast pump I ordered arrived I was stoked? (How much of a bovine does it make me that when I hooked myself up to said machine I squirted out white streams of milk, making 2 oz. in barely 2 minutes? Damn, I'm a milk-making machine, yo!)

Huz is doing all he can to support me - he almost kicked me out of the house yesterday and insisted I get a manicure this week when he's home with Claire. I think I'm going to take him up on this. Look at the nice present he brought home for me the other day.

DSC_0012

The card read, "I'm still in awe of you." It was referring to one of the sweetest things I've ever heard in my life - in the delivery room, between pushes, he leaned over me and said, "Victoria, I love you more than I've ever loved you before. I'm in awe of you and there's no place I'd rather be than right here with you now." He's the greatest thing that ever happened to me and I'll never get tired of saying it.

Here's me and the Widget taking a nap - something I really should do more often.

naptime

*In only 2.5 weeks time, we feel like we've destroyed the landfills with all the diapers Claire goes through. We've literally doubled how much trash we produce every week. She goes through 12-15 every day. Damn, that's a lot of non-biodegradable diapers!

Posted by Bird On A Line @ 12:14 PM
|

My Food Blog

Quesadillas and Drinks

Watching

Weeds
Nurse Jackie
Dexter
United States of Tara
So You Think You Can Dance
True Blood
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Lost

Book Reading

Am


Was

Julie and Julia
Caramelo
Thirteenth Tale
Kite Runner
No Country For Old Men
The Road
What To Expect When You're Expecting
Water for Elephants
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Baby Wise
Norwegian Wood
Rabbit Redux
Rabbit, Run
Middlesex
On Beauty
Cement Garden
Eat, Pray, Love
Cute, Quaint, Hungry and Romantic: The Aesthetics of Consumerism
The History of Love
Pure Style Living
All The Names
Collage Discovery Workshop
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World
Fugitive Pieces
Couples
Taking Charge of Your Fertility
A 90 Day Guide...
The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy
Fast Food Nation
The Reader
Angel's World
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
Black Dogs
Enduring Love
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Atonement
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Postcards

Blog Reading


Blissful
Blue Poppy
Bookish Bent
The Burkerts 3
Colors of My Mind
Cool Hunter
The Craziness We Call Life
Creative Musings
Doahleigh
Dooce
Fickle Feline
Finslippy
The Forth Clan
Geek's Pensieve
Greeblemonkey
Green Genes
Holly Needs a Hobby
I Pretty Much Hate Everything
Inevitably Keely
Isoglossia
Jenski
Just Jenn
Mighty Girl
Mimi Smartypants
Modern Cottage
Mothers of Invention
My Head is Full of Stuffing
Nienie Dialogues
Pandlabroad
Possum Holler Press
Quarter Life Crisis
Sarcomical
Say It, Don't Spray It
Schmutzie
Self Passage
So Not Cool
Super Hero Journal
Tea and Brie
Three Girls and a Guy
Unfogged
Waiter Rant
Who Knew?
Whoorl
Wise Craft
Work It, Mom
You Go Grrrl

Kid Related


Baby Cheapskate
Cool Mom Picks
Green Mom Finds
Project Nursery/
Rookie Moms
The Soft Landing

Home Style


Apartment Therapy
Design Sponge
Shelterrific

Art/Photography


Amy Ruppel
Boho Photography
Chromasia
Daily Dose of Imagery
Deceptive Media
Decor 8
Little Purple Cow Photography
Non dairy Diary
Not Martha
Photo Junkie
Piddleloop
Three Potato Four
Shutter Sisters
STC Craft
Tiny Showcase

Food


101 Cookbooks
Becks & Posh
Bitten
Chocolate and Zucchini
Chow
David Lebovitz
Delicious Days
The Domestic Goddess
Food Beam
My Vintage Kitchen
Orangette
The Perfect Pantry
The Post Punk Kitchen
Serious Eats
Smitten Kitchen
Vegan Yum Yum