Through My Lens

Saturday, April 28, 2007

PG-13 (Weeks)

Here's me at 12 weeks on my way to the now infamous Baby Fair.

12 weeks

Here's me this morning at 13 weeks.

13 wks

And here's us with our grand prize - a light wood crib and a 6 piece bedding set.

Our Grand Prize: Crib and Bedding Set

We thought the frog set was cute, but I was smitten with one called "Critter Chatter" and swapped for that one instead. So excited! We have to borrow a truck tomorrow and go get the crib because it was humongous and wouldn't fit in our Saturn.

I had my first strange pregnancy dreams last night. (I wonder if it was caused by my few sips of German beer at the Gerst Haus with friends last night? Now that was quite an adventure, what with the $8 pitchers of beer, the really good German food, and the raucous band full of 60-somethings donned in lederhosen and dirndls, playing accordions, ringing cowbells, playing the "chicken dance" multiple times and making all of us get up and dance in a huge circle around the dining room. What a hoot!) Anyway, I wonder if this had anything to do with my dreams. I think most definitely.

My first one was this: I had to rush to work to set up a lecture or something, so Huz had to go to the hospital and deliver the baby because I was too busy. I got mad after 2 hours went by and he hadn't called me with an update, so I called him and demanded to know whether we had a boy or a girl. "A girl" he said. I cried and was thrilled.

The second one was this: I was learning to breast feed the baby, which was very difficult because I was trying the cross-cradle hold with my right hand and was using my left hand to shove my breast into the baby's mouth (which inevitably wasn't opened wide enough). After much trial and error, it seemed to finally be working. That is until the "baby" took a drink, gagged, and crawled away on all fours barfing like a frat boy after a rocking party. So that made me feel like my milk was poison and I was a failure at motherhood. Oh, and then Cambridge came up and bit my nipple.

Weird, huh!?!?!

Posted by Bird On A Line @ 8:43 AM
|

My Food Blog

Quesadillas and Drinks

Watching

Weeds
Nurse Jackie
Dexter
United States of Tara
So You Think You Can Dance
True Blood
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Lost

Book Reading

Am


Was

Julie and Julia
Caramelo
Thirteenth Tale
Kite Runner
No Country For Old Men
The Road
What To Expect When You're Expecting
Water for Elephants
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Baby Wise
Norwegian Wood
Rabbit Redux
Rabbit, Run
Middlesex
On Beauty
Cement Garden
Eat, Pray, Love
Cute, Quaint, Hungry and Romantic: The Aesthetics of Consumerism
The History of Love
Pure Style Living
All The Names
Collage Discovery Workshop
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World
Fugitive Pieces
Couples
Taking Charge of Your Fertility
A 90 Day Guide...
The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy
Fast Food Nation
The Reader
Angel's World
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
Black Dogs
Enduring Love
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Atonement
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Postcards

Blog Reading


Blissful
Blue Poppy
Bookish Bent
The Burkerts 3
Colors of My Mind
Cool Hunter
The Craziness We Call Life
Creative Musings
Doahleigh
Dooce
Fickle Feline
Finslippy
The Forth Clan
Geek's Pensieve
Greeblemonkey
Green Genes
Holly Needs a Hobby
I Pretty Much Hate Everything
Inevitably Keely
Isoglossia
Jenski
Just Jenn
Mighty Girl
Mimi Smartypants
Modern Cottage
Mothers of Invention
My Head is Full of Stuffing
Nienie Dialogues
Pandlabroad
Possum Holler Press
Quarter Life Crisis
Sarcomical
Say It, Don't Spray It
Schmutzie
Self Passage
So Not Cool
Super Hero Journal
Tea and Brie
Three Girls and a Guy
Unfogged
Waiter Rant
Who Knew?
Whoorl
Wise Craft
Work It, Mom
You Go Grrrl

Kid Related


Baby Cheapskate
Cool Mom Picks
Green Mom Finds
Project Nursery/
Rookie Moms
The Soft Landing

Home Style


Apartment Therapy
Design Sponge
Shelterrific

Art/Photography


Amy Ruppel
Boho Photography
Chromasia
Daily Dose of Imagery
Deceptive Media
Decor 8
Little Purple Cow Photography
Non dairy Diary
Not Martha
Photo Junkie
Piddleloop
Three Potato Four
Shutter Sisters
STC Craft
Tiny Showcase

Food


101 Cookbooks
Becks & Posh
Bitten
Chocolate and Zucchini
Chow
David Lebovitz
Delicious Days
The Domestic Goddess
Food Beam
My Vintage Kitchen
Orangette
The Perfect Pantry
The Post Punk Kitchen
Serious Eats
Smitten Kitchen
Vegan Yum Yum