Through My Lens

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Weekend Update

I did exactly as I set out to do yesterday: NOTHING. I did so much nothing that I got a guilt complex this morning and made sure I did something productive today, lest I feel like a big, fat loser. I'm still sick, but getting better - just doing some really loud, annoying hacking every now and then (just ask Huz - this weekend he told me that I have the loudest cough of anyone he knows - thanks). Despite this, I still accomplished all of the following today:

1. Got up early.
Thanks Neville. I love cuddling in bed with you too, but must you jump up and land with one paw on my eyeball!? Oh, and thanks Huz for elbowing me in the nose. Sheesh. The men in my life are obviously out to get me.

2. Researched wall-mounted book shelves for our new den. (They're really expensive, but so far the most affordable appear to be Elfa at The Container Store. They're 30% off but not for much longer. I wonder if we'll close on the house before the sale ends?)
I loathe the mismatching bookshelves in our current study and would love to have floor to ceiling shelves for all of Huz's books. You'll never guess how many feet of books we own together. Go on, guess.

20 feet? ha! Surely you jest. Try again.

50 feet? Wrong again.

We've got 65 feet of books, people. SIXTY-FIVE and growing. Damn, that's a lot of books and ain't no bookshelf or two gonna do it. We have 5 of them now and tons of books stacked on the floor. Hate it.

3. Ate a piece of pizza for breakfast because Huz ate the last bagel and we have had no food in the house all week (thank goodness for payday).

4. Chose some recipes, made a list, and went grocery shopping. I thought skipping church and going to the store on a Sunday morning would lend me a quiet, vacant store; I was wrong.

5. Decided to cook a bunch of food so that we'll have leftovers for lunch and dinner all week (which allows me to be lazy after getting home from work and after-work appointments because you know I'll be on the couch watching American Idol and Top Chef, don't you?).

a. Made a huge pot of meaty ragu sauce from a new Italian cookbook.

b. Made a huge pot of butternut squash soup with pureed roasted red pepper sauce and goat cheese (and bought a nice big loaf of Italian bread to go with it).

6. Did 3 loads of laundry and made the bed with the newly laundered sheets.
I must tell you how difficult it is to make a bed in my house. See, I've got critters.
Sheet Lump Critters
. These things make a habit of getting on the bed as soon as I attempt to lay down a fresh sheet. Every time.

Oh? Clean and hairless sheets, Mom? Let us take care of that for you!

Jump.
Shed.
Roll around.
Shed some more.

Meanwhile I'm trying my darndest to work around the Sheet Lump Critters and to smooth and tuck in the sheets. Once that's complete, I pull the comforter on top and put the pillows in their place - lumps underneath and all. I pretend they aren't there and go on with life. So if you ever happen to come over to my house, please don't think that I don't make the bed. I do, I've just got Sheet Lump Critters is all. They don't do much harm, other than ruin the aesthetics of the bed and jump in your eyeball at 6 in the morning.

Posted by Bird On A Line @ 3:34 PM
|

My Food Blog

Quesadillas and Drinks

Watching

Weeds
Nurse Jackie
Dexter
United States of Tara
So You Think You Can Dance
True Blood
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Lost

Book Reading

Am


Was

Julie and Julia
Caramelo
Thirteenth Tale
Kite Runner
No Country For Old Men
The Road
What To Expect When You're Expecting
Water for Elephants
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Baby Wise
Norwegian Wood
Rabbit Redux
Rabbit, Run
Middlesex
On Beauty
Cement Garden
Eat, Pray, Love
Cute, Quaint, Hungry and Romantic: The Aesthetics of Consumerism
The History of Love
Pure Style Living
All The Names
Collage Discovery Workshop
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World
Fugitive Pieces
Couples
Taking Charge of Your Fertility
A 90 Day Guide...
The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy
Fast Food Nation
The Reader
Angel's World
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
Black Dogs
Enduring Love
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Atonement
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Postcards

Blog Reading


Blissful
Blue Poppy
Bookish Bent
The Burkerts 3
Colors of My Mind
Cool Hunter
The Craziness We Call Life
Creative Musings
Doahleigh
Dooce
Fickle Feline
Finslippy
The Forth Clan
Geek's Pensieve
Greeblemonkey
Green Genes
Holly Needs a Hobby
I Pretty Much Hate Everything
Inevitably Keely
Isoglossia
Jenski
Just Jenn
Mighty Girl
Mimi Smartypants
Modern Cottage
Mothers of Invention
My Head is Full of Stuffing
Nienie Dialogues
Pandlabroad
Possum Holler Press
Quarter Life Crisis
Sarcomical
Say It, Don't Spray It
Schmutzie
Self Passage
So Not Cool
Super Hero Journal
Tea and Brie
Three Girls and a Guy
Unfogged
Waiter Rant
Who Knew?
Whoorl
Wise Craft
Work It, Mom
You Go Grrrl

Kid Related


Baby Cheapskate
Cool Mom Picks
Green Mom Finds
Project Nursery/
Rookie Moms
The Soft Landing

Home Style


Apartment Therapy
Design Sponge
Shelterrific

Art/Photography


Amy Ruppel
Boho Photography
Chromasia
Daily Dose of Imagery
Deceptive Media
Decor 8
Little Purple Cow Photography
Non dairy Diary
Not Martha
Photo Junkie
Piddleloop
Three Potato Four
Shutter Sisters
STC Craft
Tiny Showcase

Food


101 Cookbooks
Becks & Posh
Bitten
Chocolate and Zucchini
Chow
David Lebovitz
Delicious Days
The Domestic Goddess
Food Beam
My Vintage Kitchen
Orangette
The Perfect Pantry
The Post Punk Kitchen
Serious Eats
Smitten Kitchen
Vegan Yum Yum