Through My Lens

Friday, March 24, 2006

Bored At Work Survey

1. Where were you 1 hour ago?
At work, where I still am now. *sigh*

2. When is the last time you filled up your gas tank?
Last Saturday on my way to class in the morning. I was running on fumes Friday night after class, but I was rushing home to meet everyone for the Wilco concert, so I pushed my luck.

3. What is the most amount of money you spent in one store?
That would be at a furniture store for our new leather couch and chair. It doesn't feel so painful when you have a whole year to pay it off without interest. Of course, the year will fly by and before I know it I have this big balance to pay off before getting socked with interest fees. Yikes! I better got moving on paying that sucker off.

4. Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
Let's see...there's a pink post-it note in front of me, a pink highlighter, a pink pen (the pen itself is pink, not the ink), a pink Student Leave Pass that I need to get approved for the student today, pink cyclamen flowers to my left that I brought in from home...that was a lot more pink than I thought there'd be!

5. When is the last time you went to the mall?
My birthday weekend a month ago when I bought a 30-licious outfit for dinner that night.

6. Are you wearing socks right now?
Actually, no. It's only 45 degrees, but I felt like wearing sexy black heels with my dress pants today.

7. Do you have a car worth over $5,000?
I doubt it's worth that now, but when we bought our used Saturn a few years ago it cost $10,000.

8. When was the last time you drove out of town?
Um...I guess it would have been several months ago when we went hiking with friends in North Carolina. It's been a while. Hey Huz! Let's get out of here, what do you say?

9. Have you been to the movies in the last 5 days?
Yes. I went last Saturday to see "Cache" (A French film that leaves you wondering what happens at the end. It was really good, if you're into that sort of thing.). Then I went again on Tuesday night to a local indie theater and saw "Confederate States of America". I fell asleep during this one, if you want to know what I thought of it. The satire was good in that it pointed out latent racism, but it was very uncomfortable in its approach and the historical documentary style put me out like Nyquil.

10. Are you popular?
I'd like to think so. When I make friends they're good ones, though I'm always wishing I had more than I have. I guess I'll settle for fewer, closer friendships than many, shallower ones.

11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Water. I know that's boring, but I'm at work y'all! I can't be swigging the mojitos all the time!

12. What was the last thing you mailed in the mail?
Mail? What's mail? I pay all my bills online and I email all my friends and family. Okay, it was probably a Netflix movie. I do that a lot you know.

13. Do you wash your car?
Hell no. I think we've had it done maybe 3 times in 5-6 years. I grew up in Colorado. Don't you know that Coloradans don't believe in washing their cars? (No, seriously. Every time Huz and I go home for Christmas, we're astounded by how dirty all the Subarus are!)

14. Last fast food you ate?
I had two fried eggs on toasted homemade sourdough bread with Manchego cheese. Oh.My.God. It was good!
[I didn't realize this said fast food. That would be McDonald's sometime last week when I didn't have time to make my lunch for work.]

15. Where were you last week at this time?
Are you ready for the excitement? Can you take it? Last Friday at 9:54a.m. I was at....(drumroll please)....WORK! Oh the adrenaline, how it rushes!

16. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week?
No, but I need to. I'm sick of my brown work pants being too high-water. I must get more pants this weekend.

17. What bank do you use?
Bank of Amerkah.

19. What do you want to be when you "grow up"?
Good question. I've been asking myself that one for years. As a pre-teen and teen I wanted to be a Marine Biologist because I love sealife. I can cry when watching whales or dolphins - for some reason I just feel really emotional around them. I'm now working towards physical therapy because I love using my hands and working with people. I think being an artist of some kind would be awesome, but I'm too practical to do that. I want to eat something other than mac n' cheese, you know.

20. Your dream vacation?
Australia and New Zealand would be awesome. Especially since Huz has been to the former and wants to share it with me. And who doesn't want to go to New Zed after seeing Lord of the Rings? Hello!?

21. Last boat ride you went on?
In my dream last night.! Ha! Wish you knew that one don't you? Other than that, it was last May when Huz and I went to Belgium. We went on a canal ride in Brugge. Awesome.

22. How old are your parents?
In their 50s (oh, except for my Mom. She's 25 and has been for as long as I can remember).

23. Are you in love?
Yepper, baby. With a husband and two cats.

24. Do you have any single friends?
Yes! Everyone should - they're fun and spontaneous!

25. Last play you saw?
The Vagina Monologues at Vanderbilt in February. I had wanted to go to this for a few years, but never made it. This time I was determined to and invited two girlfriends. It was a riot. Loved it!

26. Have you been to New York?
Once when I was in middle school. I went up into the Statue of Liberty's crown which I don't think is allowed anymore.

27. What are your plans for tonight?
I'm skipping class and an exam because I have been too worried about my little sister to study and we're allowed to throw out our lowest test score. So, other than checking in with the family on how Katie's doing, I think Huz and I might chill out at home and watch a Netflix.

28. Last concert you went to?
Wilco at the Ryman!

29. Next trip you are going to take?
In May we're going to Kansas City, Missouri (my first time in the state) for a friend's wedding. They've asked me to be the photographer! Yikes!

30. Ever go to camp?
Girl Scout camps, cheerleading camps, and this one energy camp thing.

31. Were you an honor roll student in school?
Every year!

32. What is a pet peeve of yours?
This should actually read what ARE your pet peeves. I hate it when friends don't answer an invitation I give until they've determined whether or not they have any better offers; I hate slow drivers who inevitably end up in front of me; I hate it when people leave the copy machine top up (and the toilet seat, but that doesn't happen in my house); I hate it when people complain about their weight yet they don't work out or change their diet (yes, I've been guilty of it too); I hate intolerance and ignorance; I hate to be preached at; I hate being manipulated...wow, I need to take a chill pill!

33. Are you wearing any perfume or cologne?
Yes I am, though I don't everyday. I'm wearing Clinique's Happy To Be.

34. Are you hungry?
Always.

35. Where is your best friend located?
I don't use that term, but I have a few girlfriends in Chicago whom I love and miss dearly. I also have a few close girlfriends here in Nashville (and I'm making new ones! I have a "date" with my dental hygienist tomorrow!). I also consider my little sister in Colorado a close girlfriend because every time we get together we just laugh and laugh.

36. Do you own a cowboy hat?
God no! Why are you asking me this!?

37. Do you have a tan?
No. For one, it's March. For two, I work with someone who uses tanning booths 3-4 months out of the year and I find it sickening. Maybe her orange skin will reflect off of mine and I'll appear to have a light tan this summer.

38. How old do you want to be when you have kids?
In my 30s.

39. Do you collect anything?
I used to collect whale and dolphin figurines in highschool. Now? I guess you could say that I collect hobbies and all the things that come with them (soapmaking supplies, beaded jewelry supplies, etc.)

40. Is this quiz annoying?
It's getting to be really long, actually.

41. Last time you had sex?
Too long. Huz and I are going to work on that tonight.

42. Ever been arrested?
No! Sheesh!

43. Been to Mexico for Spring Break?
Nope. Don't want to either.

44. Do you like hot sauce?
I like Tabasco Chipotle and Blasting Sauce from Illinois (cheesy packaging, I know, but it's good!).

45. Last time you went out dancing?
Huz doesn't do that, so I don't either. We took ballroom dance lessons several years ago when we had three friends getting married (not to each other!) over a three month period. I absolutely loved it. He, unfortunately, didn't.

46. Do you need to do laundry?
I always need to do laundry. *sigh*

48. Are you someoneÂ’s best friend?
Again, I don't use this term. It's juvenile. I have several close friends who call me during crises, so I guess the answer is yes.

49. Are you rich?
Nope. Doubt I ever will be by today's standards, but there's more important things in life than being wealthy.

50. One person that you are attracted to of the same sex as you?
Dooce. How can you not be? She's so witty and tall and has great cheek bones!

Posted by Bird On A Line @ 9:32 AM
|

My Food Blog

Quesadillas and Drinks

Watching

Weeds
Nurse Jackie
Dexter
United States of Tara
So You Think You Can Dance
True Blood
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Lost

Book Reading

Am


Was

Julie and Julia
Caramelo
Thirteenth Tale
Kite Runner
No Country For Old Men
The Road
What To Expect When You're Expecting
Water for Elephants
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Baby Wise
Norwegian Wood
Rabbit Redux
Rabbit, Run
Middlesex
On Beauty
Cement Garden
Eat, Pray, Love
Cute, Quaint, Hungry and Romantic: The Aesthetics of Consumerism
The History of Love
Pure Style Living
All The Names
Collage Discovery Workshop
Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World
Fugitive Pieces
Couples
Taking Charge of Your Fertility
A 90 Day Guide...
The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy
Fast Food Nation
The Reader
Angel's World
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
Black Dogs
Enduring Love
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Atonement
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Postcards

Blog Reading


Blissful
Blue Poppy
Bookish Bent
The Burkerts 3
Colors of My Mind
Cool Hunter
The Craziness We Call Life
Creative Musings
Doahleigh
Dooce
Fickle Feline
Finslippy
The Forth Clan
Geek's Pensieve
Greeblemonkey
Green Genes
Holly Needs a Hobby
I Pretty Much Hate Everything
Inevitably Keely
Isoglossia
Jenski
Just Jenn
Mighty Girl
Mimi Smartypants
Modern Cottage
Mothers of Invention
My Head is Full of Stuffing
Nienie Dialogues
Pandlabroad
Possum Holler Press
Quarter Life Crisis
Sarcomical
Say It, Don't Spray It
Schmutzie
Self Passage
So Not Cool
Super Hero Journal
Tea and Brie
Three Girls and a Guy
Unfogged
Waiter Rant
Who Knew?
Whoorl
Wise Craft
Work It, Mom
You Go Grrrl

Kid Related


Baby Cheapskate
Cool Mom Picks
Green Mom Finds
Project Nursery/
Rookie Moms
The Soft Landing

Home Style


Apartment Therapy
Design Sponge
Shelterrific

Art/Photography


Amy Ruppel
Boho Photography
Chromasia
Daily Dose of Imagery
Deceptive Media
Decor 8
Little Purple Cow Photography
Non dairy Diary
Not Martha
Photo Junkie
Piddleloop
Three Potato Four
Shutter Sisters
STC Craft
Tiny Showcase

Food


101 Cookbooks
Becks & Posh
Bitten
Chocolate and Zucchini
Chow
David Lebovitz
Delicious Days
The Domestic Goddess
Food Beam
My Vintage Kitchen
Orangette
The Perfect Pantry
The Post Punk Kitchen
Serious Eats
Smitten Kitchen
Vegan Yum Yum